Saturday, September 27, 2008

Reminisce: Something like a night to remember...

I was going through some old belongings of mine the other day, and I ran across my prom photos!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I know everybody remembers their HS Prom, right? Well, that's if you actually went to yours.

Well, mine turned out to be thee bizness!! I planned ahead!

I had to come out the pocket somethin' serious, so I saved up..I mean I had a 'lil after school job, so I sacrificed to get "THE DRESS"...and the dress was everything I wanted it to be. I live in Los Angeles, so there were soooo many places to search for the perfect attire..I hit up Melrose, the Beverly Center, even downtown!! But I didn't find it til I went browsing at the Westside Pavillion.. I saw it, tried it on, and knew this was the dress for me!! UNTIL...

I looked at the price tag...and saw it cost $425!!! WOWZER!!

I wasn't expecting to pay that much, but sometimes you gotta just go for it! (that's the shopper in me! lol) I certainly couldn't pay for it then and there, so THANK GOD they had a lay away plan...I filled out a few forms and was on my way!! All I needed was the shoes, jewelry, and to make my hair and make-up appointment!

MY DATE: He was thee best! He was my boyfriend ( who was in college) so of course me being 18, I thought I was tha shyt..lol..but I wanted that night to be memorable...so yea, I went ahead and reserved us a suite at the Renaissance...I mean, I'm not gone lie, the Queen was tryna get it poppin afterwards!! :D

THE EVENT: Our prom was actually on a yacht..thas boss!! 3 floors, two for dancing, 1 for pictures and chilling on the top deck.. It really was the biz. Plus I was looking saucy! So anyways, my date and I arrived 2 hours late (thas a long story), but we got there just when it was startin' to crack!

AFTER PROM: We went to the hotel to change, then headed off to afterprom, which is basically a club they rent out for all the schools having a prom that night. It was coo', I had a fun partyin' til 5am. Found out some people from my school had got in a car accident coming from prom....but everybody was okay...and Of course we hit up Denny's, I low key fell asleep waiting for our food..then woke up to the sun rising, my make-up was all smeared..and I was oh so tired..but its just something bout a Denny's breakfast that wakes up every ounce of energy in me!! Soooo, we didn't get any sleep. We ate then went to go change (among other things) and got all showered up to go do what every high schooler does prom weekend, we went to Six Flags!! LOL Tired as hell getting on roller coasters all day! We met the homies up there...a group of about 10 of us.. my homegirl was trippin cuz her prom date was hollerin' at anotha chick while we at the amusement park. I told her to just chill and have fun! "Fuck him! he's not your man!"

MONDAY: Came back to school with my prom weave still in tact!! :) And had stories to tell all my 'lil junior homies who couldn't go. 'Man, that was some night!'

I'm about to be 23 y.o. coming up on Jan. 9th, wow...it's really been 5 years! Time flies...

So anyways, here is "THE DRESS" (even though it's not the best picture of it, I think you can still get a feel for its wonderfulness! ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, how was your prom? (if you went)..

Oh and Here's a couple old HS pics...don't laugh too hard!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Miz Cheekz said...

that was a cute post. u looked very pretty & that did look like a nice dress. my Jr prom was ok but my Sr prom was a disaster. i don't even like thinking about it. LOL

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u look adorbale and the hair doo was tight

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Fly Babygurl.

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet! your so adorable!