Friday, September 19, 2008

Do you hear Musiq?

Okay, so I've heard the song..and now here's the video...



Musiq Soulchild - "Radio"




Now, I'll be the first to say I'm a big Musiq fan..but it is obvious his style has indeed changed...the beat itself sounds like something Jermaine Dupri produced, and the lyrics sound nothing like the Soulchild I know! I mean, it does have a catchy hook..and if I heard it in the club, yea, I'd shake a tailfeathah!..but seeing as I don't club a lot..nor do I plan to any time soon..this song is less than mediocre..and I expect much more from someone I used to admire for not giving in to what music execs think will sell...

Oh Musiq, say it ain't so!

I am looking forward to several albums dropping this latter part of the year...John the Legend..Jen Hudson..Kanye..Avant..Raphael Saadiq (in stores now!)..and even Beyonce (although I'm a skeptic when it comes to her)..AND Musiq was apart of that group!..

Unfortunately, his lead single has not sold me..and with the kind of rep he had in my book..winning my 12 bux wouldn't have been a hard task at all...

So, what do you think? Has he earned your anticipation for his forthcoming album?

~Queen

6 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i guess neo soul is now neo-commercial
nice spot and welcome to the blogoverse sister

am gone add u to my roll to keep up on u if u dont mind

THARULA said...

The song is different than what he usually does but i've heard other songs that are going to be featured on this album and they song like classic musiq joints. i always anticipate an album from him

Edirin said...

He really hasn’t, but you are right, with his rep, I wudda bought the album even without a single. But this track, I tried to like it, once again because of his rep, but it refused to grow on me, I think he shud stick to what he’s used to, and good for IMO

HELLO QUEEN

Blu Jewel said...

for the first time in a long time, i watched some music videos and i saw this and was like WTF are you serious? i really think the new sound is awful.

love!

dessex said...

I've been a big Musiq since day one, and while I didn't feel the song at first...it's been growin on me. But Musiq has been slippin lately to me anyway. His last album was not the best.

Miz Cheekz said...

my daughter (10yo) loves this song & she loved the making of the video. me on the other hand, i don't hate the song but i miss the old musiq who strictly sang ballads. she knows nothing about that. i'm waiting for the next single, hoping a ballad comes next :)