Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Good Day to be Black & Sexy!

It was Saturday..I woulda went out regardless.



But there was a film screening party in Baldwin Hills for
"A Good Day To Be Black & Sexy"



The film is dope! It's an independent film that was featured at sundance late last year. Google it to see the trailor.

So after they screened the film..the director and a few of the actresses in it came up for a Q&A session. The director..hmm... well he was not at all what I expected. Of course he was a black man..but he seemed like a nerd..okay maybe its just the style but the first scene in the film is a woman having an intense orgasm while her man's head is between her legs giving her that good shyt. Gets your attention right away! LoL There were several short stories in the film. I liked it. It looked sorta low budget although the film cost upwards of $100,000 to make.


So after the Q&A, the party got ta crackin'..open bar..it was nice! The view off the balcony was so official. I love the way Downtown L.A. looks at night. People started poppin' up and soon enough there were bodies packed into this mansion on the top of the hill. The pool in the back had large sculpted dinosaurs and the lighting in the pool changed from purple to green to red. Shoot, if it wasn't so damn cold I'da put my feet in!


So since it was VDay n all, my 2 homegirls both invited dates or whatever. The drinks started flowin cuz the homie was the bartender...meaning my glass was never once empty.


I met a lot of cool folks. It was an older crowd which is what I perfer. The Deejay was hittin..playin all my jams...you know I had to wiggle a lil bit...


Then I ran into my homeboi's brother who was up there wit his cousin. It was coo' seein a few familiar faces.


It was getting late. I was on the balcony and the homegirl was like "Girl you need to holla at 1 of these tenders up in here! "


Me: "Um, no I don't. I didn't come to find no boo."


She:"Well you gone be leaving alone then. I'm tryna plug myself with (such n such). You betta get somethin!" (as she walked back inside)


Me: "Fuck You Trick!!"


Okay okay, I didn't really say that last part Lol


I could write a book on how people act around Vday. About how people like to dwell on false hopes just because its fuckin Vday.


Not I.


I don't care what day it is.


I will not lower my standards.

____________________________________________

So I left alone. Went home.


And hugged a pillow.


My Vday was spent EXACTLY how I wanted it.


NO DRAMA :)
____________________________________________

I wish I could post the pics from that night (Cuz ya girl was mos def killn) BUT, my camera is on crack :(

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

every day is such and i know u looked great