Saturday, October 25, 2008

How you Doing? Farreal!!

When people ask you how you're doing, how often do you think they mean it?

I mean, the usual answer is "I'm good/fine/well"..

When I greet someone I usually say "Hi, how ya doing?"

And honestly, there are sometimes I know people just give me the usual answer because it's the thing to say..

And I do the same sometimes..

Saying hello to a neighbor who asks me how I'm doing, I say "I'm good, and yourself?" When in actuality I have a headache, have cramps, mad cuz I have entirely too many bills to pay, school sucks, I am stressed because of some of the people in my life, I need a vacay bad! But who actually tells people that from a "Hey, How are you?" Nobody wants to hear the bad, so we say we're fine, becuz it's acceptable.

People only ask how you're doing to start pointless convos about the weather. It's a convo starter really...

My close friends are the only 1s who actually care to know the real..

The passer byers and the nosey neighbors don't count..does it make me fake to give them a bunk answer?

Or maybe I say I'm good because that is what I want to be...kinda like how church folk always say "I'm blessed".. speak it into existance!! Can't be mad at that..

I'll leave you wit this hilariousness below!! LMAO!!!

5 comments:

dessex said...

that was so true...but I don't know a couple people that will be honest....you ask them how they doing and they may be like "Well I've been better".

nil said...

This is the exact reason why i dont ask people how they are doing!!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nice pic where u get it from Lol

Brothers Blog said...

You bring up a good point. Probably can't count the number of times per day I get asked how I'm doing by co-workers, customers, and random people. But it's always the same response. I think to even ask how are you doing is the nice thing to do. Do you really care how the random person or neighbor is really doing? Nah! So the response of I'm good is just the same the thing to do. Just like you I save the real way I feel for those closest to me that would really care.

Anonymous said...

nice images!