Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mona Lisa-esque


I want you to write this to the perfect painting

A Mona Lisa-esque image shadowed by humilty

Finding whats mine, strength & ability

Queens can't be bought

Born to lead, never needing to be taught

Goddess of curiosity

Wouldn't you like to know

Mystery deprived of me

A spirit so exuberant

Like the Nile's slow and steady flow

Possession of internal jewels

Displaying all that is inside of me

For, who are you to treat such jewels like rocks

Priceless sold for cheap to relieve overstock

But the queendom is always prosperous

Even when some queens ain't down for us

They wanna be the main ones doubting us

So we leave them in clouds & dust

And as time goes by, I speed up my pace

Grass always greener and well worth the wait

Why focus on the stride, longevity is what I chase

Trickin off my destiny at a high rate

Neva dumb founded when I hit a fence or gate

I'm safe...or bate?

So good..or great?

The reaction is never fake when the outcome is fate


~Queen

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

lovely earrings (are they persl)

love the Bob too

and love the poem
but queens are taught by morther queens
that is the nature of the earth that brings life int the world

Anonymous said...

i totally love the poem